Friday, June 24, 2005

Fire alarm, sign language and fishy fingers.

"Did the fire alarm went off?", my lab co-inhabitant asked as she came in.

"No." I was just about to start another experiment. "Why? What's wrong?"

"You sure? There's no fire drill or something?" She's wandering around the lab as if she's looking for smoke signals.

"Yeah, I'm sure. I was here the whole time, and the lights didn't go off, the alarms didn't go off. What happened?" I'm getting a little worried.

"There was a fire in the basement. The alarm went off there. The elevator is not working anymore. And the water pipes burst and there's water everywhere. The ceiling cracked and it was falling down."

"This is the day I die." I remember thinking to myself.

"Well," she continued, "I'm exaggerating a little, but it's true. There's water everywhere. And the alarm did go off. In the other building."

"Damn. I thought I was going to die." I was relieved.

So,

hi.

I'm still here.

Did you know that sign languages are really fascinating to watch? There's a disabled kid in my class, and he has an interpreter sitting up front telling him what the professor said via sign language. Do you know how hard it is to focus on the mundane lecture on red blood cells when the lady's fingers move so fast they look like they are about to be snapped off? Do you also know that this is made even harder when said lady is wearing a bright orange shirt?

"The hemoglobin and oxygen..." Hey look at that, it looks like a chicken. FOCUS! "bind together in the lungs with a pH of 7.6..." Why is she doing a grinding motion? Ooo, she's nasty. I bet she likes to be spanked. FOCUS, damn it! "The pH in the tissue is about 7.2..." How big do you think her boobs are? FOCUS ON THE LECTURE, YOU BLOODY PERVERT!!!

Yeah, umm.

So,

hi again.

I have a question.

Does anybody know what fishy fingers mean? In addition to that, why would anybody google fishy fingers? In addition to in addition to that, why would me be one of the results? I doubt my version of fishy fingers is what that crazy bastard/psycho bitch is looking for anyway.

Google is so messed up.